Now you have instructed us as your agents and the property has been marketed, you need to get your home ready for viewings and give your house the best chance of selling. First impressions count so put yourself in the buyers' shoes and think about how you can enhance your property's draw. Consider its "kerb appeal"; the first thing potential buyers will see before they even get past the front door. Here are some things to look out for:
- Does the front of your house need smartening up?
- Could the front garden / area be tidier?
- Would the front door look better with a fresh lick of paint?
- Could the front windows need cleaning?
Look at the inside with a critical eye too:
- Keep it clean and tidy - De-clutter and use sensible storage as potential buyers will want to visualise how they can fill the space
- Minor repairs - Undertake any minor repairs that need doing so buyers will need to really try hard to find any negatives
- Decor - If you want to re-decorate, go for neutral tones, which will appeal to a wider audience
- Comfortable – where possible make your house comfortable, cool on hot sunny days and warm if it's winter.
- Odours - Banish smoke or pet odours. Open the windows, brew some fresh coffee and add finishing touches such as fresh flowers, to brighten the place up
- Features - Bring out the best features such as fireplaces and use mirrors to increase the sense of space.